Wednesday 16 March 2016

Sketching

We are into the second week of Animsquad spring term, and this week, I had a revelation moment!

I was observing our tutor, Malcon, drawing over our shots and really looking at his short hand for describing a new emotion, or better pose. And I started to draw along with him. I felt as thought my short hand got so much better incredibly quickly. 

It's very cool watching someone draw, not for drawings sake, or for making it pretty, but to get the idea and emotion across and using that as a means to study. It really illustrates how they would approach it naturally, and not consciously. 

I wish classes for drawing could be set up like that, but the tutor would be too aware of what they are doing. I'm definitely going to be using it in the future to pick up tips.

Oh...and we love foreshortening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, please come back again soon :D