Tuesday 26 February 2013

Time out

Always take a time out.

Yesterday I did some café sketching, which I hadn't had time to do in a whole long time. I had forgotten how much fun it is! I really recommend you try this out, or on the tube, or at the zoo, at the supermarket, or the park, anywhere really. In fact Emma Coats posted an answer about this to someone yesterday on here blog, here.

It's a great place to observe people, how they act on their own, how they react to company, how they react when they realise you are drawing them! It's really interesting and can spark off some great ideas for your animations or artwork. Also, (if you can) it's a great time to switch off, and take some time out to collect your thoughts. Just take your sketchbook wherever you go, if you find an opportune moment, then your prepared to whip it right out!

Especially whilst there is a lot of rollercoastry type motion in the air within the industry, a little time out for yourself just to take a deep breath might be just what you need.

Now, I know this might not be everyone's 'cup of tea' (eh eh, get it? *I'll be quiet*) for a time out, so make sure you take one, whatever that might be, playing some sport, reading a book - also these and many more are other ways of observing, and building up that mental library of ideas.

Sooooo get out there and sketch (or whatever you fancy!)


P.s the thing I heard most last week from industry professionals was to 'draw draw draw' - I'll be expanding on this in my next post :)

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment, please come back again soon :D