Tuesday 15 January 2013

2013, lucky for some.

Well hello there,

It is a brand new year, with brand new objectives. And I want to change up the way I use my blog a little. I love using the pinterest board, animpin, to log things I like or that I see that would be inspiring to people, but sometimes I feel it get's a little lost, especially if people don't use pinterest. So, here's to making this blog a little more productive in every direction.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and looking forward to a very Happy New Year.

Have a think about your realistic objectives for this year? What do you really really want to achieve?

Along with those, always remember to get inspired. I bang on and on ..and on..about this with my friends and co-workers, and I even have little post it notes to remind myself to do it too.


If you are ever in a creative or any kind of rut for that matter, I believe it's essential to go back to the roots that truly inspire you, whatever this may be! For me it might be watching a film I love, or listen to a piece of music, or going out on my roller blades with my friends to roll around (mostly on the floor). I also like to collect pictures from magazines, and save these for a rainy day to practice painting skills. You never know when you might use those pictures. I'd also really like to hear what you use for inspiration, the more ideas the merrier!

On that note, here is some inspiration to get the creative juices flowing! You have probably seen some of these, but just a small collection of my favourite from 2012:

Cooley! - Josh Cooley - Story Artist at Pixar Animation Studios

Jamaal Bradley and his blog, including this shot with it's breakdown here. Jamaal also announces live #anmichats from time to time through twitter (@JamaalBradley), usually 10 spots available so you have to get in there fast!


Tame Impala - Feels Like We Only Go Bacwards - Cool animated music video


Dumb ways to die - cute animated video


And for some more inspiring folk, I have a friends list on the right hand side, that'll i'll be adding too.

So, anyway, I'd like that to be the main focus here over the coming months. You never know where the next idea might spring from.

And...

Remember to get inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, please come back again soon :D